493 College Street, Yale University
New Haven, CT
17,500 sq ft
Constructed in 1913, the building at 493 College Street was originally designed by the architect Charles C. Haight. First intended as a residential wing for the Saint Anthony Hall Society, 493 College Street was sold to Yale University in 1945 and is now used for classrooms and administrative offices by the Department of Sociology.
Apicella + Bunton completed a comprehensive interior and exterior renovation of the four-story, 17,500 square foot building, including building system upgrades, improvements to accessibility and facade restorations.
The project is LEED Gold certified and earned the 2012 Small Project Merit Award from the Connecticut Building Congress and the 2012 Institutional Merit Award from the Connecticut Green Building Council.